Dr. Xin Deng, Professor in IB, CAS since 2008, visiting scholar at the University of California, Riverside from 2009 to 2010; postdoctoral researcher at the Max-Planck-Institute of Plant Breeding, Cologne, Germany from 1999 to 2003. Her research interests focus on the molecular mechanisms of desiccation tolerance in plant cells. Recent works include the transcriptomic and proteomic study of drought-induced gene/protein pro?les in the resurrection plant Boea hygrometrica; the regulation of HDZIP, WRKY and HSF transcriptional factors on drought induced gene expression in resurrection plants, and the signal transduction pathways that regulate the expression of genes encoding galactinol synthetase and C2 domain protein in B. hygrometrica in response to dehydration and ABA; as well as the specific mechanisms that resurrection plants may possess, for example, cell wall folding and maintenance of pigment-protein complex during dehydration.
Email: Deng@ibcas.ac.cn Tel:86-10-62836261
1. The molecular mechanisms of plant desiccation resistance
2. Hormone regulation of plant growth and development in stress conditions
1. Wang Z, Y-X, Wei J-H*, Deng X* (2012) Cloning and expression of a gene encoding a raffinose synthase in the resurrection plant Boea hygrometrica. Chinese Bulletin of Botany 47 (1): 44–54.
2. Zhang L-J, Ji F-T, Wang L-L, Qi D-D, Zhu Y, Deng X* (2012) A small C2-domain protein from the resurrection plant Boea hygrometrica promotes plant responses to abscisic acid. Chinese Bulletin of Botany 47 (1): 11–27,
3. Zhang LJ, Ji FT, Wang LL, Qi DD, Zhu Y, Deng X *. 2011. C2-domain protein from resurrection plants Boea hygrometrica (BhC2DP1) participate in respons to Abscisic Acid(ABA) in over-expression Arabidopsis. Bulletin of botany.(Accepted)
4. Duan HK, Zhu Y, Li WL, Qi DD, Liu YX, Deng X *. 2011. Comparative study on the expression of genes involved in carotenoid and ABA biosynthetic pathway in response to salt stress in tomato. Agricultural Sciences in China. (Accepted)
5. Wang Z, Zhu Y, Wang LL, Liu X, Liu YX, Phillips J, Deng X *. 2009. A WRKY transcription factor participates in dehydration tolerance in Boea hygrometrica by binding to the W-box elements of the galactinol synthase (BhGolS1) promoter. Planta, 230: 1155-1166
6. Zhu Y, Wang Z, Jing YJ, Wang LL, Liu X, Liu YX, Deng X *. 2009. Ectopic over-expression of BhHsf1, a heat shock factor from the resurrection plant Boea hygrometrica, leads to increased thermotolerance and retarded growth in transgenic Arabidopsis and tobacco. Plant Molecular Biology, 71: 451-67
7. Wang LL, Shang HH, Liu YX, Zheng MZ, Wu RH, Phillips J, Bartels D, Deng X *.2009. A role for a cell wall localized glycine-rich protein in dehydration and rehydration of the resurrection plant Boea hygrometrica. Plant Biology. 11: 837-848
8. Ji FT, Li N, Deng X *. 2009. Calcium contents and high calcium adaptation of plants in karst areas of china. Chinese Journal of Plant Ecology, 33 (5): 926-935
9. Wu RH, Wang LL, Wang Z, Shang HH, Liu X, Zhu Y, Qi DD, Deng X *. 2009. Cloning and expression analysis of a dirigent protein gene from the resurrection plant Boea hygrometrica. Progress in Natural Science, 19: 347-352?